Wednesday, February 27, 2013

San Diego Love

Yesterday's Run:7 miles

This is where I imagined I was during my run. And where I am hoping my runs will be this weekend... The energy from everyone playing near the beach and bay are so easily absorbed it makes running so much more enlightening.
Being from Portland and an owner of a coffee shop, I am a bit obsessed with coffee shops... So I've got to share the awesome decor of this newly discovered shop.
SO COOL

While my longest run has been 7 miles, I am obsessed with looking at my total mileage for the week. I also have begun to carry a huge guilt if I take 2 days off in a row. Then I look at my mileage for the week and I make it up there and feel relief.  I've told myself I will not run any less than 4 miles from this point on... preferably 5. It shocking to see on record how much I am running and that I actually love it! I've also discovered music is more important than I thought. While I am zoning out and focused on my breathing, the soundtrack to my run is crucial. While war battle music is great every now and then, I have shifted on to thriving on zen out music. What's on your playlist? 17 days until my first 10k (and my birthday)!
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment